Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Christmas Sunshine

Morning glistens through my windows in the corner of my house where my book tree sits dormant, waiting for the dark to descend when I turn on its lights.  The promise of sunshine today makes me gleeful.  It is the day I will take presents for the children at the Jane Addams women's shelter, and I will give the little girl her baby doll that I promised her two weeks ago.  It is also a day when I will have dinner with both of my children, a time when I can hold them close and remind them to love each other always and always.  Also, it is a time for bubbly champagne and a time for laughter because the two of them are unrestrainedly hilarious.

Mostly it is a day for rushing around but feeling calm in my soul and serenity in my heart because I do not feel that I am hurting or unkind to anyone, probably because I do not feel threatened or hurt or victimized by other people.  Maybe it's being unmarried. Whatever it is, I accept my solitude, wrap myself in it when I can but share myself whenever I have the opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment