Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Acrylics by finger - new method

Tracy  and I began to really ROCK today as we plied our boards with thick paints and began moving the paints around with our fingers, blending, adding water, white and swirling, moving across the picture plane with gestures of energy and dance.  We were thrilled with the nuances, the shapes and the shades of color as we worked on the surfaces of our paintings.  Tracy's changed over and over, moving from texture to texture, line to line and color to color.  She, in typically self-effacing fashion, prefers the "old" paintings, the ones she has covered up and moved beyond, but I see a richer surface each time she works it.  I love the way this yellow-green dances in the right edge of the painting, and I love the sturdiness of her ball and egg.  She will, of course, completely change it next week, but we will have to wait and SEE!
My painting hasn't changed all that much, but I did begin to mess with the sky.  When I did, the whole texture and colors changed.  I added blue in the bowl, much to my glee, and tried to make the coffee cup hold some coffee.  Once we began with fingers, I added pink to the cup, blended the yellow around it and added pink around the sun, which I know I will change next week or this week; it looks too much like a lollipop in the water, which is meant to be sky, reminding me of "clouds in my coffee," which I've NEVER understood because it always seemed to me to be more like sour milk blobbing in clumps inside one's coffee.  And who the hell would want THAT?

No comments:

Post a Comment