Thursday, October 4, 2012

My camping buddies...


Saturday night these two fellas are coming over for a sleepover, and we are planning to sleep outside in a tent.  I look into these faces, and I sometimes wonder what's on their minds; this was at their dad's birthday party last night, before or during ice cream cake servings.  What wasn't to smile for?  And these are genuine smiles - Nicky's on the verge of a big giggle.  Their emotional ranges are so vast at these ages that I wonder what will happen when they hit their teens, but I am trying to stay grounded and focused on the glorious moment of the now and enjoy the little steps of the day: walking barefoot in my pajamas down the steps and out the stone walkway to get the paper in the mornings that I don't leave at the crack of dawn, grinding the coffee beans and dumping them into the filter after I smack the grinder onto the counter top.  Dipping into the Fage yogurt container to fill my shallow blue bowl and then digging out some frozen orange-pineapple juice concentrate and plopping it on top of the plan yogurt.  Ready for breakfast, I drink black coffee from a bright orange mug, wait for the concentrated juice to melt just a tad and then eat the sweet syrup covered, cold yogurt as I drink my bitter, hot coffee.  And life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment